Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sometimes the hardest thing to say is "Goodbye": Tribute to Vulocity's silver Ek9

It felt as though the world stopped yesterday as I heard the news of VULOCITY’s very own silver EK9 was sold.  Even though it wasn’t even my car I felt a sort of connection towards it especially after the hours of wrench time I spent on piecing the motor back to life.  It was a pride that I very much felt to show the world as it was the very first car that I ever lend a hand that did exactly what I would’ve done in a build besides a fully sleeved block.  It was like a painting that we as a squad put together in the funds of a friend into a masterpiece, but only to be sold to an unknown owner.  It was hard news to digest but I guess it had to be done for whatever reason the Ek9 owner had.



Having knowing the owner since we were just kids and seeing him go through the endless amount of cars that went through his driveway, this particular Ek9 seemed to be able to weather through the storm and lasted him for quite a few years.  I knew the time of selling this beast would come but didn’t think it would come so soon after such a great build.  I was hoping of track times and even casting new summer memories, but those seem to be just empty thoughts now.  As I sit here writing this I can’t even put together the thought of it actually being sold and now I’m just left with pictures and videos.

 
So, know I would like to take some time and just leave with some pictures as what I remembered as simply “VULOCITY” Silver Ek9, from about 2 years ago until now.





even though the exterior remain nearly the same throughout the years it was what took place under the hood that never stood constant.

last night before Dyno Day


Off to Dyno

removal of moter

late night wrench time




We will miss this beast...hopefully the new owner treats her right! Goodbye



No comments:

Post a Comment