Thursday, July 28, 2011

All day Errday: You dont have to lie to kick it


I have learned from a young age that if you circle yourself by the things and people you want to become then eventually in time you will become that (even if you like it or not). Since I was in Jr, high I have always tried to circle my world with cars and anything that deal with the automotive world. Now as an adult it’s part of my life that I wouldn’t be able to live well without. I breathe and live cars and it took many many years for this to happen. I remember when I was about 13 I was laying in bed and suddenly made a decision that I want to know more about cars and left my artist background behind (not completely). You can call it a long lasting fad but it’s been a 10 plus year fad that’s for sure. As the years passed I have met many self devoted car enthusiasts like myself and maybe even a handful of “hardcore-I-will-die-if-my-car-gets-stolen” people but there has always been that one or two person who loves to put a “FRONT”. The people with the clever internet screen names or the one who claim to own five integra type R with every single swap imaginable to them, BUT having it stock. These are the people that just makes me shake my head. Seriously…you don’t have to lie to kick it.

You can call them posers or fan boys but I will nicely say they are just people who wants to get educated. I have met my share of guys who thought they knew what they’re talking about but after a few educational classes (me schooling them), they start realizing that they might not know exactly what they’re talking about. Don’t get me wrong here, I’m not saying I know everything, but just saying sometimes people can be misinformed about something such as talking trash about Sport compacts cars and not know anything about them to begin with. These are the guys I have deal with growing up in this world of cars but that’s the norm that I am sure many guys can relate to. Those type of guys are common, but what I want to rant a little bit about is those people that post up pictures of their so-call cars saying it has this and that in it, but in reality it’s their friends’ or some form of family member’s car. I have seen with my own eyes a selected people that I will leave nameless claiming all these crazy things they have that most people can only afford one.

I remember as a kid I made a website saying I had a Skyline and a 300zx RB swapped and all these crazy things and as a kid I thought it was cool and harmless. One day I let my brother see this website and he asked me why did I put all these pictures of other people’s cars saying it’s mine but in reality it wasn’t at all. He told me that it’s better to tell people you have nothing then lie about owning a skyline and from then on I never dare to claim other people’s ride as my own. I was about 13 at the time so give me a break if you think I’m contradicting what I am trying to rant here (lol). From all those years ago I still carried that on and when I see what some people claim and I can tell their just full of it about what they have, I just play stupid and respond with a “uh huh” and “okay” even though a part of me want to call their ass out. I honestly just feel bad for those people who feel like they need to lie about something.

So, if you’re reading this and you know someone who may fit the poser description or might even be one yourself, I suggest you to tell them to read more and don’t ever be afraid to ask questions. Everyone started from the bottom and you just make yourself look stupid if you go around claiming you have something when you really don’t. It’s okay if you don’t have a 500hp Honda or a JUN’s Supra, there’s no shame in it. Be proud of what you have, even it’s nothing or just a simple air intake because as soon you start saying Bullshit, anything that follows don’t mean nothing. Being a poser is not a good look so don’t do it.

(these photos are examples how i circle myself with cars and this is what i mean by "ALL DAY, ERRDAY"...aint no posing shit here, just real shit, it might not be some super street magazine shit here, but it is real and how I keep myself circled)

LS block just hiding


No comments:

Post a Comment