Friday, July 15, 2011

PhotoG's First: I'm on one (photos of Civic SiR and cali-born Integra)

This 2011 summer I made a pledge to myself to take photos of my experience with anything dealing with cars since I wasn’t going to do any type of racing or car building like last year.  Alongside a good friend, Neng (Jmuag Production) I attended my first drift events this year with a pretty good amount photos (look at previous posts).  Before the drifting events I took an advantage of an evening to test out my photography.  Since my cousin had minty fresh Cali-born Integra he was my first subject of choice, then upon learning a good friend of his had an authentic Honda Civic SiR I had to add him in the mix.  So my weapon of choice is a Canon 40d that my brother was lending to me during the summer to get a hang of a DSLR camera (maybe when I have a little more cash in my pocket I can afford my own camera, but for the time being I will be using whatever that is given to me).


Being my real first time using a DSLR in fully manual I wasn’t even sure if the pictures would come out any good.  It was during the evening, so setting everything to grab as much light was more an obstacle than any other.  To remind you, I am no photographer and literally picked up a camera with a quick lesson in the different settings and started taking pictures as I got the hang of adjusting everything accordingly.  Honestly, I don’t even remember the names of the things I’m adjusting; I just do it and some how the photos come out okay.  There are more bad photos then good ones, but good thing its digital because if it was back in the days, I would’ve been broke purchasing film rolls.


So…onto the cars, the SiR literally stole my heart.  Knowing that thousands of Americans thrive to make their own 96-98 civic into this Japanese beauty, it started making me see it in a different light.  I was never a fan of the moldings on the bumper covers but after seeing this car it changed my mind.  My first time seeing a SiR was in magazines and on the internet, but seeing it in real life had me awaken to what a REAL “JDM” car was.  It was everything any “JDM” enthusiasts could dream about and more.  Only thing that might be better would be a Type R of some sort, but until then I stick to the SiR.  This SiR even made me want to change my own personal car’s appearance to maybe replica the look since (look at older posts) I can only dream of owning my very own SiR.  It was a real treat in being able to capture some beauty of this great looking car and thanks to the owner for letting me do so.


Probably one of the cleanest Integra that I have ever seen that hasn’t gotten any body work has to go to my cousin’s Cali-born Integra.  For years, between old friends and relatives we have always said that buying a car from California or any other state besides the salt drench streets of Minnesota would always be better then purchasing a car in the state.  Why? Well, because our winters are harsh, it shows no mercy to the body and everything on a car making everything either ugly or harder to work on (rusted bolts and everything that gets rusted).  Biggest ugly thing for any Honda owner is the rear quarter panels rusting and to find a car without this cancer is almost rare on its own.  Since it is a rare sight to see, a lot of people including myself always talked about purchasing a car out of state.  This also includes my cousin who went all the way to California to purchase this minty-fresh Cali-born Integra.  Even though to some people it may be hard to grasp why anyone would go all the way to California to purchase a regular Integra, but knowing my cousin since we were in diapers it was an actual height of trying to get exactly what he wants.  People have to understand that my cousin has own more cars then some people in their lifetime and to be able to have him at a certain satisfaction level is in almost impossible feat.  But I believe that this Integra will be in his arsenal for quite some time and hopefully stay out of the “For Sale” market before it get an overhaul and starts tearing up the streets.


Thank you to Team Brooklyn and Jmuag Productions


_vulocity

*these pictures were taken on 5.31.2011 @ unknown location

No comments:

Post a Comment